mail call

Posted: March 9, 2012 in Challenges - Trifextra
Tags: , , , , , ,

Trifextra – Week Seven Challenge: Give a story or snippet of a story which includes, in exactly 33 words, a justified exclamation point. Make us believe that your exclamation point simply needs to be in your story.
——
Greenberg stared at today’s letters. Slouched, he began opening each one. 723 rejections conditions a person.
Terribly sorry.
Not for us.
Keep submitting.
Then…
Love it. Let’s publish.
Reread.
Let’s publish.
Let’s publish!

About these ads
Comments
  1. Scriptor Obscura says:

Great story here! Definetely a justified “!” :)

2. chrstnj says:

Oh – fantastic! If that doesn’t justify an exclamation point, I don’t know what would.

3. Tara R. says:

A letter we all hope to one day receive. Well done.

4. Ah. Maybe i should publish instead of writing!

5. Awesome! Worth two exclamation points!!

6. Mel says:

CHEERING! CHEERING! Great piece!

7. Frelle says:

love the tone and the tension building, great job!

8. Good job.
    Regards,
    Ruby

9. Dana says:

Oh, how thrilling! I was feeling sad for him then the ending caught me completely by surprise. Fabulous!

10. kgwaite says:

Oh, how I’m waiting for that day. Nicely written.

11. Jill K. says:

I can appreciate this story from a reader’s and a writer’s perspective … HA. I vicariously did a dance of joy for the narrator :)

12. Jester Queen says:

I think we can all identify with this one!

13. yes. def needs an exclamation point!

14. munchow says:

I am quite impressed. It must be not a little challenge to get a fully coherent story – even a snippet of a story – within exactly 33 words. Fantastic! As you can see, even I can justify using an exclamation point, but the 33 words would be a little harder…

15. Here’s to challenges!

16. Trifecta says:

Thanks for linking up to Trifecta this weekend. I love writing on the subject of writing. Rejection letters are certainly the bulk of it (for me, anyway), but every so often an exclamation comes down the line. Nicely captured. Hope to see you back on Monday.

17. whiteladyinthehood says:

Personally, I’m a dash lovin’ fool…but this deserves a double (!!)

Whatcha got to say?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s