Time for the Trifextra weekend challenge: Write a story entitled ‘Lost’ in exactly 33 words. The word ‘lost’ can only appear in the title, not your 33 words. And away we go!

The uninitiated hear your lascivious voice, see your chestnut hair, catch citrusy wisps. They long to touch, to taste your alabaster skin. The initiated – me – endured that fantasy. In you I see nothing.

About these ads
Comments
  1. Wow. Sounds like you might be talking about someone in particular. I hope you’re not bitter because I didn’t send you a postcard from Houston.

2. dunce two says:

Oh YEAH! You had me at “citrusy wisps” (and the “alabaster skin” finished me off). I have been both the initiated and the un-. An excellent take on both perspectives!

3. booguloo says:

Remind me to stay on your good side. Wow.

4. kgwaite says:

Terrific visuals here – The anger is almost palatable.

5. barbara says:

OW! Phew – such emotion in only 33 words!

6. Yikes! Whoever that is, they’re getting it.

7. Yes. It’s the cold indignation of heartbreak that picks up where the sadness ends. Out of all of those fancy words, it is “endured” that shouts the loudest.

8. This is very dark. i like it very much.

9. I, Rodius says:

Boom! If I remember right, anger is one of the stages of grief. Well expressed.

10. You are really good at these challenges!

11. StephanieC says:

It definitely captured my full attention, though I don’t completely understand it. (Really intelligent work like this makes me feel dumb).

But very well done, and very cool blog design!

• John says:

I wish I could take credit for the blog design, but it’s the good folks at WordPress who created it.

I’m thankful you came to visit. Hope to see you again sometime!

12. fghart says:

All of those powerful descriptors, and the initiated sees nothing. I love it! Great response to the prompt.

13. Oh, that is good. Nice sting.

14. gene3067 says:

Yikes! So all that glitters isn’t gold after all. Great writing!

15. Excellent. It’s hard to create two such contrasting emotions in so short a space. Well done.

16. jannatwrites says:

Ouch! Well-said in such a short space. Sometimes we see people differently after knowing them.

17. Trifecta says:

This is great. That first half sets up the second half brilliantly. ‘In you I see nothing’– super last line. Thanks for linking up and hopefully see you for the weekday challenge starting on Monday.

18. Amelia says:

Cut to the quick. I can relate.

Whatcha got to say?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s